Post holiday/party carpet cleaning tips
Christmas holidays are one of the best times of the year. Lots of parties and get-togethers (well, pre-covid anyway) which means lots of food and merriment shared in your home. However, with all the people traipsing through, you’re bound to be left with some kind of mess to clean up afterwards.
Luckily, there are some things you can do to prevent some of the messes, or at least make them easier to clean up afterwards. Here are 6 tips to making your holiday season cleanup a little less stressful.
1. Prepare in advance: You know you’ll be having a lot of guests coming over, so there are some things you can do to make cleanups less messy
2. Deal with stains immediately: If someone spills a drink or a pet/child has an accident on your carpet, be sure to deal with them immediately so the stains don’t set in and become harder to deal with later. You can see our stain removal blog for more tips on how to deal with common stains
3. Buy disposable/plastic mats to protect your carpets: If you’re expecting a lot of food to spill on the floors (from people walking around while eating, or from messy toddlers), you can get some plastic disposable floor covers to protect your floors while your guests are over, and then throw it out for a quick and easy clean-up after the party.
4. Hang coats and umbrellas in a designated area: Have your guests hang their coats on a coat rack or closet and leave their umbrellas in a designated bucket before entering the main area of your house. This will prevent water droplets from dropping on your carpets on cold and rainy days. The last thing you want to deal with is unsightly water stains after your party!
5. Vacuum after all guests are gone: You’ll want to vacuum your carpets after every party. This will help prevent the buildup of dirt and other debris left in your carpets from previous guests. Also, this will help keep your home looking clean for the next guests who arrive to visit!
6. Hire a professional carpet cleaner: It’s a good idea to hire a professional carpet cleaner at least once a year to give your whole home that deep clean. Not only will it help get rid of those stubborn stains you can’t get out, it will also help improve the quality of air in your home!
Since you’re not likely to have a lot of guests like you do during the holidays, why not have them cleaned professionally right after Christmas? Also, don’t forget about getting your upholstery professionally cleaned as well!
The holidays should be a time of cheer and fond memories. Don’t make a nightmare cleanup one of those memories. Hiring a professional carpet cleaner to come after the holidays will take all the stress out of dealing with grime and stains.
Getting your carpets and upholstery deep cleaned after Christmas will give you a great fresh start to the new year, and who doesn’t want that?!
At Carpet Cleaning Airdrie Pros, we are passionate about carpet & upholstery cleaning.